[Nfbv-announce] NFB National Scholarship Finalist from Virginia

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Wed May 4 23:12:14 UTC 2016

Members of the NFB of Virginia and Friends,

We are excited to announce that Sharon Jose from Fairfax, Virginia has been
selected as a finalist in   our 2016 NFB National Scholarship program.  This
means she is one of the 30 students that will be at convention competing for
the 30 scholarships ranging from $3,000 to $over 14,000.

Her bio appears below.  Please join me in offering Congratulations and
welcoming her to the Federation family!

Michael Kasey

President

blindness is not what holds you back.

Sharon Jose is currently a senior at Thomas Jefferson High School for
Science and Technology. She was born in Kerala, India and since then, has
lived in six different states across India and America. She loves exploring
different places and experiencing different cultures.  She has been living
in Fairfax, Virginia for the past five years. She was diagnosed with
Stargardt's disease (juvenile macular degeneration) in 3rd grade. She loves
programming, and plans to attend George Mason University in the fall to
study computer science. During her free time, she likes to bake, babysit,
and tutor kids in math.

Sharon Jose sharonmjose101 at gmail.com <mailto:sharonmjose101 at gmail.com>