[Nfbv-announce] Not just for students: Radio program specifically for the blind

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 12:06:58 UTC 2016

    Dear Fellow Federationists:

    KJSC Radio is excited to announce that The Blind Side, our live,
    blindness-related call-in talk show will relaunch tonight with a new host.
    Now hosted by KJSC General Manager and longtime Federationist Chris
    Nusbaum, this program will focus on open and in-depth dialogue on the
    issues which matter most to us as blind people. Moreover, this program
    will be dedicated to covering the latest news in the blind community, ever
    keeping the positive philosophy of the National Federation of the Blind at
    the forefront of our discussion. Most importantly, however, this program
    will invite your active participation via phone and social media,
    encouraging you to join the conversation and make your voice heard.

    For our re-launch celebration, we are honored to have as our special guest
    Kathryn Webster, Secretary/Treasurer of the National Association of Blind
    Students, along with Syed Rizvi, President of the Massachusetts
    Association of Blind Students and member of the NABS Fundraising
    Committee. Kathryn and Syed will preview for us the exciting events which
    NABS has planned for our national convention, take your questions and
    comments about NABS, and make a few important announcements which you will
    not want to miss. If you are interested in learning about the latest from
    NABS as well as some exciting plans for our convention, you will not want
    to miss this very special interview!

    The Blind Side will air tonight and every Tuesday night from 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern on
    KJSC Radio's main stream. To tune in, please visit
    http:kjscradio.com/classic/radio.php and select your player of choice. The live
    stream will then automatically load. If you would like to participate during
    the program, please call the number which will be given throughout the show or tweet your
    questions to @KJSCRadio. We look forward to ushering in a new era of
    "information, inspiration and insight" into blindness-related news
    coverage, and we hope many of you will join us!

    Sincerely yours,

    The KJSC Radio Team

    Chris Nusbaum, General Manager
    KJSC Radio
    Phone: (410) 756-0183
    Email: chris at kjscradio.com
    Web: http://www.kjscradio.com
    Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @KJSCRadio

    "TV gives everyone an image, but radio gives birth to a million images in
    a million brains." --Annonymous