[Nfbv-announce] Calling for Resolutions!

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Mon Oct 3 20:07:46 UTC 2016

>From Jennifer Shields:

Fellow Federationists:

As you know, our state convention is fast approaching. One of the most
important parts of our convention involves reading and discussing
resolutions sent in by our affiliate members. Resolutions are policy
statements of the affiliate, and we welcome them from our members.

If you are planning on submitting a resolution, or if you have an idea for
one, please contact me as soon as possible. The resolutions committee can
assist you with writing your resolution if necessary.

Many people are intimidated by resolutions because they have a complex
structure with all those awkward whereas statements. However, there are many
people who have ideas which we might consider as potential policy statements
for the NFB of Virginia. Also, they help spark conversations about vital
issues we face as Virginia Federationists.

I am honored to serve as Chair of the Resolutions Committee during our

2016 state convention. If you would like to submit a resolution, please send
it to me as soon as possible. My email address is:

jen.shields929 at gmail.com <mailto:jen.shields929 at gmail.com>

Thank you, and the committee looks forward to receiving your resolutions.

Best,

Jennifer Shields

Chair, 2016 NFBV Resolutions Committee

Recording Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

blindness is not what holds you back.