[Nfbv-announce] exhibit hall on Friday, November 11, 2016 "$50 prize for Passport program"

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 18:34:27 UTC 2016

Message from Robert Parsons including details about  $50 prize for Passport
program:

Greetings Federation Family

The time of waiting is nearly over and with registration deadlines being on
the horizon and reservations for hotel rooms being made, the 58th National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia's state convention is finally here. I am
sure that there are a multitude of sessions, activities, and opportunities
that you want to experience, but please do not forget about our fabulous
exhibit hall on Friday, November 11, 2016. For five hours (12pm-5pm), some
of the most talented, dedicated, and professional vendors and organizations
will be on hand to educate, network, and build lasting relationships with
the members of our affiliate. These exhibitors and sponsors come from
different parts of the region, including all over Virginia, Maryland, and
Washington D.C. in order to assist the affiliate in supplying each interest
and demographic with adequate and necessitated updates, information, and
even products that can help us live the life we want. One vendor is even
travelling all the way from New York to work with us. Please help me in
assuring them that their dedication to our convention is not in vain.

Among our long-time exhibitor friends are representatives of Freedom
Scientific and Humanware, as well as new exhibitor friends like Guiding Eyes
for the Blind, The Virginia Beach Special Services Library, and the Norfolk
Center for Independent Living. Also, as a special treat, the U.S. Bureau of
Engraving and Printing will be at the exhibit hall exhibiting and providing
attendees with brand new money readers for those who sign up for one. Don't
miss the chance to take advantage of this special opportunity.

Finally, please do not forget that the attendees that preregistered will
have an exhibit hall passport as a part of their preregistration packet.
Those members should visit every table that our exhibit hall houses in order
to be entered for the $50 cash prize on Sunday, November 13, 2016. Remember,
only those who have preregistered qualify for this incentive, so please do
not forget to register as soon as possible. A full list of every exhibitor
and sponsor will be provided at the registration desk in both print and
braille alongside their corresponding table numbers. When you approach a
table and engage in dialogue with them, ask if they would mind stamping your
passport in order to show proof that you visited their table. At the end of
your time there, find Jackie Brown and submit your passport for her to
verify and accept. The cash prize will be drawn on Sunday morning and you
must be present in order to claim your prize. I look forward to connecting
and celebrating with all of you in Virginia Beach.

Be Blessed

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Exhibit Hall Coordinator

blindness is not what holds you back.