[Nfbv-announce] Advanced Social Media Session: Sign up for the 11/12 afternoon session

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:40:56 UTC 2016

There are many exciting programs on Saturday (11/12) afternoon at the NFB of Virginia Convention. The Social Media sessions require advanced sign up and some pre-work. Space is limited so please sign up if this program is of interest.

3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Advanced Social Media: Cape Charles A, Danielle Trevino, Coordinator for Social Media and Member Engagement, National Federation of the Blind, Baltimore, Maryland

This advanced session will help members understand how to maximize their use of Facebook and Twitter for both achieving personal and Federation goals. This is an advanced hands on interactive session amongst sophisticated users of Facebook. The goal of this session is to assist sophisticated Facebook and Twitter users to take these tools to the next level.

Space is limited to the first 30 registered participants and individuals must pre-register to participate. Register by contacting Deepa Goraya  at deepa.goraya at gmail.com

Include Advanced Social Media in the Subject Line.

Participants will receive assignments in advance of the session that must be completed to participate. Participants are highly encouraged to bring their tech to the session so they can participate directly in the program.

Session Overview:

In this session, we will move past the nuts and bolts of the structure of social media platforms. We will be talking about content creation and analytics.

We will cover:

*         Defining our audiences

*         Creating story lines

*         Post scheduling tools

*         Why analytics matter and how to track them

To take full advantage of the seminar, Please bring a wi-fi enabled laptop or smartphone that is ready to go and a pair of ear buds. You may also want to bring something to take notes with.
Note: This is an advanced seminar. We will not be spending too much time on the tactical aspect of social media such as signing up or navigating a page. If you’d like to learn the basics, you might want to join us in the other seminar being offered. If you’ve signed up for both sessions and need to change your reservation, please contact Deepa Goraya.

Tracy Soforenko

First Vice President, NFB of Virginia

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202 285-4595