[Nfbv-announce] Bus transportation available to and from state convention in Virginia Beach. Register now!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:44:08 UTC 2016

From: John Halverson [mailto:johnh50 at verizon.net]

Greetings Colleagues and Friends:

The Potomac Chapter has arranged a bus to our state convention which will simplify your travel plans to Virginia Beach.  Additionally, you will be able to enjoy the full convention and travel with friends from across the commonwealth.

The bus departs Thursday (11/10) afternoon with stops in Arlington, Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, and Richmond before making its final stop directly at the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront. The bus will return on Sunday (11/13) afternoon with the same stops on the return.

We will leave from the St. George's Episcopal Church at 915 North

Oakland Street, Arlington Virginia at 1:00 pm Thursday November 10.

We will make intermediate stops in Prince William County,

Fredericksburg,

and Richmond.

We plan to return north at 1:00 pm on Sunday November 13.  We will

drop-off at the same locations.  The exact times for these pick-ups

and exact locations are still tentative.  The tentative Prince William

County pick-up is scheduled for the rest stop at exit 156 off I95.

The Fredericksburg pick-up is scheduled for the Hospitality House

hotel off exit 130 and the Richmond pick-up will be at the Wendy's

restaurant at the Chamberlain exit off of I95.

The cost is $80 per person round trip or $40 one way.  Our chartered bus is equipped with

comfortable high backed seats and a rest room.

I hope as many persons as possible are able to take advantage of this convenient and cost effective

opportunity.  Later today, we will send out details on other transportation options including Amtrak, Greyhound and local transportation services in Virginia Beach. For example, Amtrak service would include a train to Newport News, a bus to Virginia Beach and a taxi to the hotel. If you can make the timing work for your schedule, we believe it will be easier and perhaps cheaper than the Amtrak/bus/taxi combination.

Another great advantage of taking our bus is we have an opportunity to

visit and get to better know each other and enjoy the comradery of the

convention as we travel.

Please contact me if you have questions or need to make reservations

to join us on the convention bus. I would like to have reservations by

November 5.

Individuals are expected to pay as you get on the bus.  We accept cash or checks payable to PCNFB. We cannot accept credit cards.

Email: johnh50 at verizon.net<mailto:johnh50 at verizon.net> <mailto:johnh50 at verizon.net>

Cell: 703-867-6400

Home: 703-379-1141

John Halverson, Ph.D.

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create

obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life

you want; blindness is not what holds you back.