[Nfbv-announce] Fwd: The Concerns of the Virginia Family Law Coalition & Our Rebuttal regarding Protection for Blind Parents Bill HB 2273 / SB 1199

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:14:13 UTC 2017

>From Derek Manners dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu

Hi Virginia Federationists,

Here is a copy of the most recent version of the memo Mark and Earl
circulated for us in Richmond refuting the points raised by the Virginia
Family Law Coalition, the family law division of the Virginia Bar
Association, in opposition to our bill to protect the rights of blind
parents in Virginia.  This memo contains citations to even more extensive
sources that helped inform us on these issues.  It is definitely
encouraging that so many people are interested in this issue and getting a
better understanding of the opposition we face in securing this needed
protection for the blind in Virginia.  If anybody has any comments,
questions, suggestions, or other resources they’d like to share, feel free
to have them reach out to me at dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu.

Best regards

Derek Manners