[Nfbv-announce] Chris Walker Stepping Back

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue May 16 02:22:01 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

As you know, the work of the Federation can be gratifying on multiple
fronts. There is no greater sense of fulfillment than the knowledge that
your contributions are actively improving the lives of other people.

One of our hardest working leaders is Chris Walker. He has been instrumental
in the growth of the Winchester chapter, and more recently, he has played a
key role in facilitating the affiliate's communication channels, making sure
you receive the information of most relevance in a timely fashion.

Sometimes, the work of the Federation can be time-consuming. Wise are the
people who can recognize the value of setting priorities and strike a
healthy balance between professional goals and personal endeavors. To that
end, Chris Walker has decided to step back from his position as
corresponding secretary in order to better focus on other responsibilities.
I want to sincerely thank Chris for his service on the affiliate board and
very much look forward to witnessing what he will accomplish next.

A new corresponding secretary will be elected at this year's state
convention. As you know, one of the roles assigned to the position was that
of chair of the communications committee. I have appointed Joe Orozco as the
interim chair of the committee. He will work with several individuals to
build upon the momentum Chris established. With state convention in our
horizon, the Operations and Logistics team will do a great job of rolling
the promotion of the event into their roadmap moving forward until a new
chair is identified.

If there is something you want distributed, please feel free to send it to
me and I will distribute it to the announce list.

Thank you all for your continued support and for your ongoing service to the
movement.

Sincerely,

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

This e-mail, including any attachments, may constitute a Federal record or
other Government property that is intended only for the addressed
individuals. This message may also contain information that is sensitive,
confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not a named addressee you must not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.