[Nfbv-announce] Project RISE is Now Available State Wide

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 17:23:39 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,
We are excited to announce that Project RISE (Resilience, Independence, Self-Advocacy, and Employment), our program for transition age youth ages 14 to 21 will be starting it's second year in September and is now offering programming state wide. Attached and pasted below is the Project RISE flyer. Please note that the deadline to participate in the Project RISE programming at convention in November is September 20.If you have any questions, please email nfbprojectrise at gmail.com or call (203) 273-8463. You can also visit the Project RISE website at rise.nfbv.org.

Resilience | Independence | Self-Advocacy | Employment

R E S I L I E N C EBlind students ages 14-21 throughout the entire state ofVirginia will have the chance to interact with and form lasting relationships with young successful blindprofessionals, who have overcome many of the obstacles placed before blind students and now are eager to teach their younger peers how to conquer life.
IN D E P E N D E N C EThe statewide program will meet four times throughout2018-2019. Students will have the opportunity to further develop skills such as travel, home management, and technology through interactive and hands on workshops and community activities.
S E L F - A D V O C A C YThrough mentorship and a positive environment, students of all ages will learn how to communicate effectively with teachers and employers to ensure they receive the tools they need to succeed in school, and the work place.
EMPLOYMENTStudents will share their educational and career goals andProject RISE will help them reach those goals through, resume and interview workshops, and placement in summer internships or jobs that interest them.Join us in this journey toward independence, confidence, and success! Blindness will never hold you back.
For any questions or to secure your spot  Email: nfbprojectrise at gmail.com Visit: rise.nfbv.org   Call: (203) 273-8463

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153

www.nfb.org

www.nfbv.org

Live the Life You Want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.