[Nfbv-announce] Correction: Kenneth Jernigan Fund tickets to be available at the next NFB of Virginia Board meeting

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 02:18:48 UTC 2019

Hello Fellow Federationists,

Sarah Patnaude and Kathryn Webster will have Jernigan Fund Raffle tickets at our May 18 Board Meeting in Richmond.

Be sure you meet with them to get your tickets to sell. Please be aware that we are required to sell these tickets so you can't just take a pack then leave them on your dresser. Below is a description of the program.

Dear Colleague,

As you may be aware, we established the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund at our 1998 convention in Dallas, Texas. The support from members and friends has been both generous and enthusiastic. The committee is again sponsoring a limited edition raffle to raise money for the Kenneth Jernigan Fund. The ticket cost is ten dollars. This drawing will yield at least $10,000 net for the Kenneth Jernigan Fund.

You might ask, "What's in it for me?" Here is what's in it for you. If you are the winner of this drawing, you will receive round-trip air transportation for two to and from the site of our 2020 convention, for the National Federation of the Blind National Convention in July 2020. You will also receive lodging at that year's convention hotel for seven days during the convention. You will receive registration and banquet tickets for two.

In addition, you will receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you don't win but you sell the winning ticket, your chapter will receive $500.

You do not have to be present to win.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

www.nfb.org

www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153

www.nfb.org