[Nfbv-announce] The Thing You've Miss Most

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 02:19:32 UTC 2019

Hello,

You take it for granted when it's in front of you, but you quietly miss it
when it's gone.

You think it's not important, and yet you find yourself oddly distracted by
it when it arrives.

So simple to skim, and yet oh so much work to compile.

A riddle? Sure, a riddle, but there's nothing to ponder when we're talking
about ... of course, our affiliate newsletter!

Whatever, you know you've been wondering where it's been, and even if you
weren't wondering, it's now here, in your inbox!

In this issue:

1. From the President's Desk

* Membership Initiative and Membership Coins:

* Visiting Chapters and Other Events:

* National Convention

2. This Month's Words of Inspiration

3. A Note From the Editor

4. Fundraising Committee Needs You

5. My Experience of Being a Member of the National Federation of the Blind
By Chris Walker

6. Amy Barnes Scholarship Opportunity

7. Protected Class? Not So Fast: The Exploitation of Workers with
Disabilities By Sarah Patnaude

8. Social Media Protest for Authentic Representation

9. Authenticity Matters By Sarah Patnaude

10. Word of Mouth By Mary Fernandez

11. 3 Steps to Launch a Website By Joe Orozco

12. NFB Pledge

Read the entire issue here:

http://www.nfbv.org/vigilant-march-april-2019/

Your delayed but still favorite editor, I hope,

Joe Orozco