[NFBV-Announce] NFBV Convention 2019 Needs Your Help Finding Sponsors

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 00:40:18 UTC 2019

>From Annette Carr:

As the 2019 NFBV Convention quickly approaches, many hands are diligently
working to make this a great experience for all who attend.  Just as it is
important to have people working on site, we need even more people working
in the months and weeks leading up to the convention.

As the coordinator of Sponsors & Exhibits, I am reaching out to all of you
for help with this.  One way to offset convention operational costs is to
have sponsors.  A sponsored can be any person, organization, business,
company, etc.  Sponsorship can come in many forms such as checks and cash
large and small, gift cards, and goods.  While contributions of smaller
amount do help, we really need larger dollar amount sponsors, i.e. $1000 and
up.  Sponsorships can be of a general nature, or can be for a specific
convention event or product.  Some examples include, but are not limited to

*	All or part of the hospitality costs
*	Banquet - supplement cost covered by the Affiliate
*	Printing and brailling of convention materials

There are many other sponsorship opportunities for which Joe, Tracy and I
can help interested sponsors find the opportunity that best matches their
level of generosity.

Where you come in is to find sponsors.  Reach out to businesses and
organizations in your community in which you do business or have a personal
relationship.  Talk to people you know who are known for supporting special
interest groups.  Conversation starters might include, but are not limited
to talking about:

*	how the NFB has made a difference in your life.
*	the NFB program or programs that you support and why you do this.
*	what your local Chapter does in the community.
*	the mission of the NFB and the difference they have made in allowing
people who are blind live the life they want.

Remember, you will probably get more "No's" than "Yes's", but a "No" is
better than silence.  If you get a no, you are no worse off than before you
asked.  If they do say no, ask if they know of anyone who might be
interested in supporting the NFB of Virginia.  Please share this message
with your Chapter members.

Thank you for reading this message in its entirety.  Together we can make
our 2019 State Convention a great success.

Annette Carr

NFBV Convention Sponsors & Exhibit Coordinator

amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>