[NFBV-Announce] NFBV Virtual Meetings for the week of August 24 to 31

Jacki Bruce jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:13:13 UTC 2020

Hello NFB Family and Friends!

This message outlines many events and meetings planned for the month.

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate’s
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.

All calls are available using the telephone dial in option or through the
free and totally accessible Zoom app on Windows, Apple IOS, or Google
Android. You can also access just using your Web Browser.

For all these services, it is important to be on mute when you are not
speaking. The presenter will provide instructions on unmuting to be heard.
Additionally, just like in-person Federation meetings, please preface your
comments by stating your name and being recognized by the organizer before
speaking.

NFB of Virginia Virtual Meetings

The Zoom link and telephone conference call details are consistent for each
of the Zoom meetings this month. If there is an exception, it is provided
in the description below.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345

Telephone Dial: tel:6468769923 <6468769923>
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile
tel:+16468769923,,8297256345 <+16468769923,,8297256345>

Virginia Affiliate Virtual Programming

*Senior Division*

*Wednesday, August 26 at 7:00 PM*

During the meeting we will brainstorm Convention topic ideas, those
specifically targeting the Seniors Division and ideas in the general
sessions that would be of interest to seniors.

I hope you can join us.

Nancy Yeager

President,

NFBV Seniors Division.

*Membership Committee Meeting*

*Saturday, August 29 at 10:00 AM*

As we develop our plans to become an even stronger and more active
affiliate through member recruitment and retention, we need your commitment
of time, energy and talents.  Bring your ideas and enthusiasm as we work
together to welcome more blind Virginians to our NFBV family.

*Ladies Night*

*Saturday, August 29  at 7:00 PM*

Please join the Virginia Affiliate every Saturday evening from 7 to 9 pm
Eastern Time for good times. Each week will be a different theme.  Grab
your BFF’s and a drink alcoholic or non, settle in your favorite spot and
get ready to laugh, share stories, and have fun!

The theme for this week, August 29th , is women’s health … ask your
questions, get advice, share your concerns.

Chapter and Division Virtual Programming

Here is the calendar of chapter and division meetings for the end of August
that have been scheduled.
More may follow as the month progresses.

However, the At Large and Peninsula chapters are not using Zoom and have
provided alternate dialing instructions which are listed after the meeting
date and time.

*Richmond Chapter*

*Monday, August 24 at 6:30 PM*

*Greater Alexandria Chapter*

*Thursday, August 27 at 7:00 PM*

We suspect more chapters and divisions will be holding meetings. We will
provide updates each week with details.

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

Zoom Coordinator, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com <jackibruce6 at gmail.com>
tel:(757)291-1789 <(757)291-1789>
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.