[nfbwatlk] CFB Empowerment Fund

elizabeth lalonde elalonde at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 15 17:45:42 UTC 2009

Dear NFBW
I know you don't have much to spare as you must raise funds for the
important work of NFBW.
I just wonder if you could spare just a little to help your fellow
Federationists across the boarder.
Remember there is more bang for your buck with the exchange rate!
Please read below.
-
Fellow Federationists:
 In the words of Kevan Worley, Chair, NFB March for Independence/Imagination
Fund, and an outstanding leader and fundraiser for the National Federation
of the Blind,
I offer you these words of encouragement to assist in the important work of
the Canadian Federation of the Blind.

Please consider  reaching out to family, friends, co-workers, and those you
meet throughout your daily life.
Please consider reaching out and telling them about the important work of
the Canadian Federation of the Blind, your personal story, and why you are
so committed to the Federation.
Please consider asking those you visit to support your effort by making a
donation to our CFB Empowerment Fund.
Thanks to all of you who have helped to raise funds in support of our
critical work.
We know by our personal testimonies that it changes lives.

Members of the NFB this year at national convention in Detroit, raised a
little over $400,000.
if we all do just a little extra, we can make a big difference.
Last week, I asked a friend for a contribution and she gave $25.
So, make a few more asks and let's make a big difference for the CFB, for
Braille literacy, for the long white cane, for sending blind Canadians to
convention, for making a life-changing difference in the lives of blind
Canadians, for changing rehabilitation, for taking charge of our own lives,
for the organized blind movement in this country.

Please send a cheque to the CFB PO Box 8007, V8W 3R7, Victoria BC, Canada,
or pay online through Paypal to donation at cfb.ca
You or your friends and family can also make regular monthly contributions.

Anything you, your friends, colleagues and family can do to make a
difference, would be tremendous.
Let's get started!
Thank you.

Elizabeth Lalonde, President