[nfbwatlk] Sample Letter Opposing Section 511 in WIA Reauthorization

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jul 17 16:06:03 UTC 2011

Below find a sample letter opposing inclusion of Section 511 (the
minimum-wage for blind/disabled persons exception) . Of course, one should
make the appropriate substitutions to personalize the letters to one's own
situation. Obviously, the letter should be addressed to Senator Patty
Murray, a member of the Senate Help, education, Labor and Pensions (HELP)
Committee, the body before which the WIA reauthorization mark-up will take
place.

We're between a rock and a hard-place; e-petitions aren't always trusted and
snailmail takes a while as it must go thru anthrax screening. We'll no more
about our strategy this evening.

In any event, Senator Murray's snailmail address is:

Senator Patty Murray
448 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510

Mike Freeman, President