[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Today's the day -- Re: The Decision: Will Council Save Metro?

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:20:02 UTC 2011

Today's the day. The King County Council will vote on whether to save King
County Metro.

Nothing has changed -- yet. Unless we pass critical stop-gap support, we'll
lose 600,000 hours of bus hours and 4 of 5 bus riders will be significantly
affected -- resulting in more congestion, pollution, and inequity.

As of this morning, a majority of the 9-member county council supports
passing the "congestion relief charge." But we still need one more
councilmember to adopt it.

We must hold our councilmembers accountable. Please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p8RSrloRQETS4hzspB1Vf
6RVeVXChi2X> attend today's hearing:

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VoSnsN9uvcuT5VQMRApgM
6RVeVXChi2X> Today -- Monday, July 25, 3pm
Council Chambers, 10th floor
King County Courthouse
516 Third Ave
Seattle, WA

If you cannot attend at 3pm, please consider coming early and signing-in to
register your support.  Early sign-ups begin at 1pm.

Let's save King County Metro!

Brock

 Save King County Metro
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/kcmetrocrc-header.jpg>

Jacob --

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uwiIANXfAi5uLl6P2IGJl
KRVeVXChi2X>

Hold
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LIkZF%2FXWcZj1%2BTLq4
Li5PKRVeVXChi2X> Them Accountable: Attend the Final Decision
Monday 3pm in Seattle

It all comes down to this. On Monday, the King County Council will vote on
whether to save King County Metro.

More than 12,500 people signed petitions and wrote letters to the council
and more than 1,500 people turned out to public hearings. A majority of the
King County Council now supports saving Metro. And yet, we still need one
more vote.

Hold the King County councilmembers accountable.

Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IS9k3CZTPVcl7pnXOYmsa
qRVeVXChi2X> the council meeting that will decide it all.
RSVP now.

We've heard heart-wrenching and terrifying stories about how the bus cuts
will affect real people - the stories that bring tears to our eyes - people
losing jobs, losing access to critical medical care, and being stranded in
their neighborhood. With 190+ bus route cuts significantly hurting 4 out of
5 bus riders, these stories would be the norm, not the exception.

The state legislature gave King County Council one option to this problem:
the "congestion relief charge." It's a two-year stop-gap measure until the
state legislature finds a permanent solution. But the council must adopt it
to save our buses now.

Although a majority of the council supports saving King County Metro, we
need a supermajority to pass the stop-gap measure. Right now, five
councilmembers support saving King County Metro: Larry Phillips, Joe
McDermott, Bob Ferguson, Julia Patterson, and Larry Gossett.

Four councilmembers do not yet support the stop-gap measure: Reagan Dunn,
Jane Hague, Kathy Lambert, and Pete von Reichbauer.  We need to hold them
accountable.

Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=l1MRtYZd3wb95GU5vczaD
aRVeVXChi2X> the decision. Testify. Hold them accountable.

Monday,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5HXJNIJyAQNKz%2FD5kGs
HYaRVeVXChi2X> July 25, 3pm
Council Chambers, 10th floor
King County Courthouse
516 Third Ave
Seattle, WA

The fight isn't easy, but together we can win.

Sincerely,

Brock Howell
Field Director
Transportation for Washington

P.S. There's still time to send letters to the King County councilmembers.

(1) Write
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8zY4bEuC2FoWlbIVQXVKX
qRVeVXChi2X> a letter.
(2) Ask
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BCLYc9EhNTGMymAcrrG
2ZvuZQtotEwxJ> your friends to join you.
(3) Join
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DZ4Jx4er5VGsPIKysX1MW
aRVeVXChi2X> us on Facebook.
(4) Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DTKkdFCoXiw1Oueongy9D
qRVeVXChi2X> the decision.

  _____

T4Washington.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7cJCb1yThL6qioxyxLU0P
6RVeVXChi2X>  | Privacy
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=f0NNmsjvJJRQFzvTRVysx
6RVeVXChi2X> Policy | Unsubscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YWe7aY7yEk5QZXLwfY0Lw
PuZQtotEwxJ>

  _____

Transportation for Washington is a campaign led by Futurewise and
Transportation Choices Coalition and supported by groups and individuals
representing environmental, health, faith, labor, business, and public
office communities.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=580920569>

  _____

.