[nfbwatlk] (no subject)

doug trimble doug.trimble at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:16:34 UTC 2011

Earlier today I posted a job listing from c-tran here in Vancouver.  The position was for a fiscal analyist.  In the announcement it mentioned that a valid Drivers license was required.  It did not say a state ID will be ok also.  In the past C-tran has done this on many job announcements for non-driver related postitions.  We the organized blind the NFBW have talked with C-tran staff about this and were assurred this would not happen again.  What do you think?
Is this discriminatory or just a lousy HR Department

Should we take further  action beyound the usual phone call?

Anyway,  I would love it if someone would apply for the position.  I think its time we kick it up a notch and take some real action that gets C-trans attention.

I had to get that off my chest.  I believe C-tran does a good job providing transit to Clark County but these continued rediculous drivers license requirements for non driving positions are crazy.

Anyway have a great weekend.
Hope we take action.

Doug

Hope you have a great weekend.