[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Vulnerable User Law: One step and nine days away

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 07:41:00 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wIV70uCAWrpF7j55xvxZ3
xnZu4Wj1GXq>

Dear Jacob,

Cascade has great news to report from Olympia! Senate Bill 5326 - the
Vulnerable
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mYthsEW7Jh1JQpZO0gzTL
BnZu4Wj1GXq> User Bill - has cleared all but one of the legislative hurdles
in its path.

The last step in a three-year campaign to make Washington's roadways safer
is within reach, as the bill is on Governor Gregoire's desk right now,
waiting for her signature. Once the bill is signed, the Vulnerable User Bill
will be known as the Vulnerable User Law.

Because of your help, we've taken an unknown issue and created a movement
around the idea that the outcome of a collision should have some bearing on
the penalty. Once the bill is signed, Washington will be only the second
state in the nation to offer this protection to its most vulnerable roadway
users.

Help us finish the job by encouraging the Governor to put pen to paper. She
has until May 12 to sign the bill into law and there is currently a stack of
bills that could jam up the process.

I am asking you to please take two minutes of your time to contact the
Governor's office and ask her to sign the Vulnerable User Bill into law.

There are two easy ways to contact Governor Gregoire. First, you can call
her office directly at 360-902-4111. Or, you can use the online
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aixqn4W6eL78GKMikYDCN
H8b8iaP3AXK> email form and write her a message in support of the bill.

Call or email today with this simple, polite message, "I support SB5326, the
Vulnerable User Bill, and I want to encourage Governor Gregoire to sign it."

Thank you for all of your help in making the Vulnerable User Bill a law.
We're one step and nine days away from greatly improving the safety of our
roads.

Sincerely,

  <http://www.cascade.org/braking_news/img/david_sig.gif>

David Hiller
Advocacy Director
Cascade Bicycle Club

  _____

As a participant in club activities, you will occasionally receive pertinent
messages from us regarding cycling news, advocacy alerts and event updates.
We do not sell or otherwise share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=USsvWDVFiSlpV4FoObL1V
xnZu4Wj1GXq> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all Cascade advocacy
alerts.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=482889334>

  _____