[nfbwatlk] a Job that requires a valid driver's license andautomobile liability insurance coverage to be qualified?

Ivan Weich ieweich at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 16:41:29 UTC 2011

Hi Humberto,

I have offered this before for a city government position.

Hire my own driver and pay for it out of my own pocket, and then claim the deduction on my tax return.  They bnought it; hook, line and sinker.  Keep in mind that the IRS has very strict documentation guidelines.  If you are on SSA Disability or SSI, there are restrictioins and documentation requirements in order to deduct for Impairment Related Work Expenses (IRWE) and Blind Work Expenses (BWE).

Volunteers are good too, but there are some draw backs.

Many companies and governments require the employee to claim reimbursement.  In my occupation, I use a cab company for urgent travel.  In some cases where I can plan my trip in the county, I ask a relative and claim milage reimbursement.  I have even claimed both on the same claim form.

As Debby Phillips said, there are more ways to skin cats.

Ivan E Weich
President
National Association of Blind Public Employees
National Federation of the Blind.