[nfbwatlk] SnoKing January Meeting Cancelled

Julie Warrington jdwtlc at frontier.com
Mon Jan 9 18:06:36 UTC 2012

Hello Federationists.
 WE wil not be holding our January meeting that was scheduled for tomorrow 6pm at georgios.
I would like to share the below info and encourage all to listen and participate.
Thank you, Julie Warrington / VP

Fellow Federationists:

We will be holding a conference call on Tuesday, January 10, at 8 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time to discuss the 2012 Washington Seminar.  Dr. Maurer,
Joanne Wilson, and the governmental affairs team (including myself) will
discuss this year's issues and priorities and answer any questions you have
regarding this year's event.  We strongly urge you and your legislative
coordinators to participate on this call.  Below are the call-in details:

North American Toll Free Number: 1-877-394-5901 Puerto Rico Number:
1-866-999-7834 Participant Access Code: 4781852

Also please note that the fact sheets for the 2012 Washington Seminar will
be posted to the NFB Web site next week.  They can be found on the NFB 2012
Washington Seminar page at http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Washington_Seminar.asp.
For your convenience, the fact sheets are also attached to this e-mail.  The
issues for the 2012 seminar are:

-- The Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act of 2011:  Stop the
Discrimination and Promote Equal Work for Equal Pay
-- The Home Appliance Accessibility Act:  End the Digital Divide
-- The Americans with Disabilities Business Opportunity Act:  Help Unleash
the Entrepreneurial Capabilities of Individuals with Disabilities

Please review these fact sheets in preparation for the call and for your
appointments during Washington Seminar.  If you and your legislative
coordinator are not attending Washington Seminar this year, we still
strongly urge your participation in these calls so that you can make sure to
bring vital information back to your affiliate about our legislative
priorities.

Finally, as you confirm Congressional appointments, you are encouraged to
e-mail the date, the time, and whether the member of Congress is expected to
attend the meeting, so the exceptional Mercury Room team can provide it to
our governmental affairs staff.  The e-mail address for the appointments is
hillappointments at nfb.org.

If you have questions, I have included my contact information at the bottom
of this message.  I look forward to seeing all of you at Washington Seminar
as we work toward passage of these crucial issues.  Once again, thank you in
advance for all of your hard work.

John G. Paré Jr.
Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE
BLIND
E-mail: jpare at nfb.org
Phone: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2218
Fax: (410) 685-5653