[nfbwatlk] ACTION ALERT: Give Public Testimony on Republican Transportation Proposal, Thursday 1:30PM, Olympia

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 01:07:27 UTC 2013

The Washington State Capitol

The Washington State Capitol by aidaneus/Flickr

If you want your voice heard by our legislature, then this Thursday please
go down to Olympia and give public testimony in front of the Senate
Transportation
Committee.

Sightline yesterday did a great write-up on how the
bill's priorities are almost completely opposite of what the public wants.
 Getting funding priorities in line with the actual people's priorities
would be a good start.  Some other possible comments you could bring up:
Direct
funding for transit.  Local funding being councilmanic instead of
requiring a public vote.  Increased funding authority for Sound Transit.

Agenda.

Links to relevant documents.
Location:

Senate Hearing Rm 4
J.A. Cherberg Building
Olympia, WA
ACTION ALERT: Give Public Testimony on Republican Transportation Proposal,
Thursday 1:30PM, Olympia

Leaving 2nd and Washington on the 9:31
ST 594
 and connecting at the Tacoma Dome to the 10:37
IT 603
 (15 minutes to transfer) will get you to Olympia at 11:34. Plenty of time
to grab a bite to eat and get signed in for testimony. If you plan on
heading
to Olympia, coordinate with Ben who'll be down there for Seattle Transit
Blog at 206-683-7810.

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan