[nfbwatlk] Long snapper

Becky Frankeberger via nfbwatlk nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 16:02:35 UTC 2014

Blind football player Aaron Golub will be a preferred walk-on for Tulane
Green Wave. NEWTON, Mass., May 23 (UPI) --.

Despite facing long odds, a legally blind football player from Massachusetts
has a good shot at playing at the next level at Tulane University this fall.
Aaron Golub was the starting long snapper at Newton South High School for
the past two seasons despite having no vision in his left eye and very
limited vision in his right -- a view that can be replicated by making a
fist with a hole the size of a dime and put[ting] the opening to your eye.
The 17-year-old boy didn't let that impairment stop him from becoming one of
the most accurate long snappers in the country. In football long snapping is
one of the most important positions on the field so he felt he could do it,
Newton South coach Ted Dalicandro told CBS Boston. He's only had one bad
snap in the last two years he's snapped for us. He's best long snapper I've
seen on the high school level.

Golub's play was strong enough to catch the attention of Tulane Green Wave
coach Curtis Johnson, and he was offered the chance to be a preferred
walk-on at the Division 1 school.

Aaron is a tremendous young man who has not let adversity overcome his
desire to fulfill his dreams of playing college football and we look forward
to having him as a part of our football program this fall, Johnson said in a
statement to College Football Talk. If you set your mind to it you can do
it. There's nothing you can't accomplish if you really want to do it, Golub
said. .

UPI News