[nfbwatlk] sad news

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 22:43:30 UTC 2016

It is with a heavy heart that I write to share the news that our friend and long-time Federationist Mike Freeman passed away last Saturday.

As many of you know Mike had been diagnosed with terminal cancer las summer and had been undergoing treatment. In the last few weeks his spirits had been high, his treatment had been going pretty well and he was planning to attend the NFB Washington Seminar next month. In the end it was his heart that gave out.

Mike dedicated his life to helping blind children and adults realize their dreams.

Mike requested that there be no service so we will respect his wishes. I will forward more information when I have it. Please keep Connie and Shanti in your thoughts and prayers.

Marci Carpenter, President
NFB of Washington
mjc59 at comcast.net <mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>
206-604-5507