[NFBWATlk] Note From Chris Jones About Walmart Shopping Experience

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:12:59 UTC 2021

Hello Chris
 and all,
This information does not sound correct at all. I shop at Walmart all
the time since it only about a block from my apartment and I have not
had any problem getting shopping assistance and have not been told of
this policy. I will admit when Covid first started last March, many
blind individuals were asked to bring their own assistant, but this
was due to the restrictions and the short staff many stores were
experiencing at the time; however, since the fall I have not had this
problem. However, there are times I have had to wait a while because
the Walmart where I am shopping is short staffed that day, but again I
have never been told of this policy.
I would contact the Walmart corporate office by calling 1800-925-6278
and ask about this policy and possiblely report this store.

best,
Anmol