[Nfbwv-talk] Seeking Convention Sponsorship 2014 Convention Sponsorship Flyer

Smyth, Charlene R via Nfbwv-talk nfbwv-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 14:00:49 UTC 2014

Good morning Fellow Federationists,

As many of you are aware, over the past few years we have been
approaching businesses to see if they would like to advertise in our
convention agenda and on our website in an effort to raise funds to
assist with convention expenses.  Last Tuesday, Andy, Sandy, and I
traveled around to several businesses in the Bridgeport area and
distributed flyers explaining how this works and what type of
advertisement the business could receive at different levels of
sponsorship.  Here is some of what we learned in hopes that it will help
you as well.  A few places said that they do not advertise.  All places
that were part of a corporate/national line, said they would have to
submit the request to corporate headquarters.  We had better luck with
locally owned businesses.  They accepted the flyer and said they would
discuss it with management.  We did not get any commitments but we got
the best reception from locally owned vendors.  We will follow-up with
them in a week or two.

While distributing these flyers, we took Vehicle Donation Stickers with
us and asked if we could put them in one of their windows or if they had
a bulletin board on which it could be posted.  Almost all of them said
they would post it on their bulletin board.

Please find attached a flyer that can be printed and used when seeking
convention sponsorship.  If possible, do the printing of it from a color
printer as it is a very attractive and colorful design.

I wish you the best success.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.