[NFBWV-Talk] Fwd: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Blind Educator of the Year Award

Sheri Koch skochnfbwv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:55:34 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: President, National Federation of the Blind via
State-Affiliate-Leadership-List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 10:59 AM
Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Blind Educator of the Year Award
To: State Affiliate Leadership List <
state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
CC: President, National Federation of the Blind <
OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>

I urge you to give the below request for nominations from Robin House
immediate attention. Recently a number of school districts have been
pushing back on providing appropriate accommodations to blind educators.
Promoting our best blind colleagues in the education profession is more
important than ever. In addition to the below, I refer you to the article
in the December *Braille Monitor
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm19/bm1911/bm1911tc.htm>*.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Blind Educator of the Year Award is presented at the annual convention
of the National Federation of the Blind. Honorees must be present to
receive an appropriately inscribed plaque and a check for $1,000.

Nominations should be sent to Ms. Robin House by email at
robin.house at slps.org  or by mail to Stix ECC, 647 Tower Grove Ave., St.
Louis, MO
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/647+Tower+Grove+Ave.,+St.+Louis,+MO+63110?entry=gmail&source=g>
63110
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/647+Tower+Grove+Ave.,+St.+Louis,+MO+63110?entry=gmail&source=g>.
Letters of nomination must be accompanied by a copy of the nominee’s
current résumé and supporting documentation of community and Federation
activity. All nomination materials must be in the hands of the committee
chairperson by May 1, 2020, to be considered for this year’s award. For
further information, contact Robin House at 314-265-6852 or
robin.house at slps.org.

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+East+Wells+Street,+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

State-Affiliate-Leadership-List:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/state-affiliate-leadership-list_nfbnet.org/skochnfbwv%40gmail.com