[Njagdu] Let me introduce myself - Kathy Rawa - aka Chatty Kathy

KARmedtrans at aol.com KARmedtrans at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 18:00:31 UTC 2011

Hello

I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself, my name is Kathy Rawa,
nickname Chatty Kathy.  I guess you can tell by my nickname I have the
ability to talk.  I am relatively new to the South Jersey area of Atlantic
County.

I grew up in Bergen County, quite near the Giant Stadium, which I never
attended and have no favorite team -- to set the records straight for any
football favorites.  The town I grew up in is named, Wallington, one square mile.

My past included being a Dental Hygienist, Dental Health Educator,
personnel trainer, ambulance corps, ER tech and substitute teacher and sometimes
professional dancer.

I moved to south Jersey to a town named Egg Harbor City, which is 13 miles
from Atlantic City.  I have learned through the Historical Society that this
town was home to a gentleman who sold his canning recipe to Campbell's -
known as Campbell's Pork n Beans.  And it is also home to the famous guy --
calling Mr. Morris, calling Philip Morris as well as the Oscar meyer little
person.

I feel very lucky to come upon such a great organization.  I am new to low
vision and using a guide dog.  I graduated Guide Dog Foundation in November
2010, Smithtown, L.I. and I am proud to say I was invited to be on the
Alumni Council of the Foundation.

I am also a diabetic Type 2 - but my loss of vision is not totally because
of diabetes.  I can go on and on but I was thrilled to listen to the
Telephone Conference call and listen to so many wonderful facts.  I tell you
between listening to the conversations and e-mails back n forth from Vinny - I
have learned so much and cannot believe how in the dark the doctors have been
about my diabetes.

Well all I can say in closing - that I look forward to chatting and
learning how I can become more active and spread the word

Always
Kathy Rawa
aka Chatty Kathy