[Njagdu] Update on NFB Rideshare testing

Ginger Kutsch Ginger at ky2d.com
Fri Jun 16 17:06:08 UTC 2017

Greetings NJAGDU members:

At President Dan’s request, I’m submitting a report on the NFB rideshare testing program.

First, thanks to all who have participated in the testing program. Great work! The national office is especially pleased that so   many of our riders filled out questionnaires despite having no issues with their drivers.

So far this month, the national office has received 3 Uber reports from NJ riders. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the online questionnaire so please take the time to help with this effort. Even if you don’t experience any problems, they still want to hear from us so please fill out the questionnaire. More info including the questionnaire can be found at:

www.nfb.org/rideshare

Finally, here’s more info from Valerie Yingling at the national office. Please note that Uber test results are confidential so Valerie was not able to share those testing details with us.

She writes, “Since the NFB’s Rideshare Testing program began on May 8, New Jersey riders with service animals have submitted a total of 14 tests—5 of which were Lyft tests. All Lyft tests show no incidence of discrimination; in fact, Lyft testing comments include, for example, that a rider had an “extremely polite driver and positive experience.” This is really helpful feedback that we will be able to pass along to Lyft. I applaud the New Jersey participants for completing so many tests for positive experiences. Over the next three years, we will need to continue to gather reports on positive experiences in addition to ride denials.

Nationally, NFB aims to gather 174 rideshare tests per month. In May, we received 214 tests, and thus far in June we have gathered 95 tests nationwide.

Please continue to promote the online survey <https://nfb.org/rideshare-test>  and webpage <https://nfb.org/rideshare>  throughout your network.

Best,

Ginger