[Njagdu] Guide Dog Committee information and upcoming Conference Call slated for March 4 at 8 pm.

Trisha patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 12 17:38:18 UTC 2019

Hi All!

If you are a guide dog user or plan to be one  and would like to make a
difference,

educate and advocate then this committee is for you!  We are in the process

of building our membership: this committee will also be a great source for

resources and we all support each other.  Here's some information:

Guide Dog Committee

The Guide Dog Committee provides the opportunity for its members to educate

the community about issues of guide dog users; To act as advocates for guide

dog users; To educate the community about the capabilities and needs of the

blind; To promote the general well-being of the blind in the State of New

Jersey and of the nation; and To function as an integral part of the

National Federation of the Blind.

One of our committee's accomplishments was signed into law in January 2014.

In New Jersey,  <https://www.nfbnj.org/dustys-law> Dusty's Law (Statute

2C:29-3.2), penalizes pet owners whose dogs physically harm or interfere

with a guide dog team or a guide dog puppy.

Want to get involved, please join us on our first conference call of the
year  on Monday evening, March 4 at 8 pm.  conference call information:

Call: 605 468 8005

Code: 460994

An agenda will be sent out as well as a reminder a week before.  Please rsvp
to Trisha Ebel at patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net  with your availability.

Chair of our committee is  Dan Facchini, 201-906-8655 or

<mailto:danfb at verizon.net> danfb at verizon.net.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmest Regards

Trisha Ebel