[NJAGDU] Another probable dog refusal from a ride share company

Richard Fox richardfox1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 5 03:20:33 UTC 2020

Hello listers,

My wife Debbie and I summoned an Uber car this afternoon. We were sanding in
front of Dick's Sporting Goods on Willowbrook Avenue in the Wayne town
Center. I contacted the driver by phone, because his pickup location was
probably the main mall address, instead of Dick's. We spoke in friendly
terms. I let him know exactly where we were, told him we were blind and that
my wife had a white cane. I didn't mention my Seeing Eye dog. He confirmed
that he understood our location and would be there in a couple of minutes.
Well, in a couple of minutes, he canceled the ride without explanation.

I have filled out NFB's RideShare form, and have filed a complaint with
Uber. I'll let you know what happens.

Rick fox