[Oabs] OABS Update and list of coordinators

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 17:15:27 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I hope you had a good week.  Below you will find the list of coordinators
and their duties, as well as some notes for general housekeeping.

List of coordinators 2013-2014.

Membership Coordinator: Aleeha Dudley. Charge: to spearhead efforts in the
areas of membership development (inviting speakers to calls), recruitment,
and retention of members.  Membership committee chair.

Corresponding Secretary: Amber Herrin-Meloy.  Charge: to publicize for the
student division using several social media and web-based networks, and to
fascilitate communication between members of the Ohio Association of Blind
Students regarding important events and meetings.

Fundraising Coordinator: Emily Pennington.  Charge: To develop, organize,
and implement fundraising projects to be carried out by the division.
Fundraising Committee chairperson.

Editor: Joy Mistovich.  Charge: To edit any important publications for the
Ohio Association of Blind Students, and to spearhead efforts to produce a
periodic newsletter containing information about the NFB, the Ohio student
division, and other information pertanent to blind students in Ohio.  Will
work closely with members of the membership committee, the corresponding
secretary, and the president, as well as the general members of the division
to accomplish these tasks.

And, so we're clear, here are the officers and their duties:

President: Kaiti Shelton.  Charge: to preside over the meetings, activities,
and organization of the Ohio Association of Blind Students.

Vice President: Aleeha Dudley.  Charge: To assist the president in carrying
out division business, with an emphasis on afairs concerning membership.

Secretary: Lillie Pennington.  Charge: To take the minutes at any and all
meeting of the Ohio Association of Blind Students, and to create and
maintain a dropbox system to store the minutes for access and back up.  The
secretary will also make the initial communication of the minutes to the
members of the Ohio Association of Blind Students, and maintain a list of
the members and their contact information.

Treasurer: Abby Bolling.  Charge: To handle the financial transactions and
affairs of the Ohio Association of Blind Students.  The treasure will set up
and maintain a bank account, will keep track of money saved and spent, and
will give a treasurer's report no less than at every other regularly
scheduled business meetting when no financial transactions have occurred,
and at each meeting when a change should be shown in the minutes.

These are the duties typically associated with each office, and I am
confident that these officers will be able to carry out their duties
wonderfully.

A few quick notes:

1.        We will hopefully have two students from Cleveland joining our
call next week, one being Charles McGowan, who attended the seminar at
convention.  Please be as welcoming to them as possible.

2.       A couple of questions have come up about constitutional matters,
including board member elections.  We will go over all of this in detail at
our meeting, and will discuss how we are going to elect board members with
respect to logistics as well.

3.       If you have any ideas for what you would like to see OABS
accomplish in the coming year, bring them to the meeting so that we can
discuss ideas at the end.

4.       Please get on the OABS list serve, available at nfbnet.org, if you
have not done so already.  Some of you have already done this, and I thank
you for your quick action.  It will really make things easier once everyone
is on the list.  If you still need to do this and want help, just let me
know.

Thanks all,

Kaiti Shelton

University of Dayton---2016

Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet

Ohio Association of Blind Students, President

Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), Vice President

NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair

Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta Sigma, Usher Coordinator