[Oabs] Agenda for tomorrow's meeting

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:34:40 UTC 2014

Hi, OABSters,

Here is the agenda for tomorrow's meeting, along with a reminder to
please, please, please send me your membership roster information if
you have not done so already.  I need this information ASAP.  Your
cooperation in getting this project completed and submitted to the
affiliate is appreciated.

Agenda for the meeting of August 15th, 2014
A. Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM.  I will arrive on the call 15
minutes early (7:15 PM) and will be available to take down member
roster information in my BrailleSense for anyone who wishes to submit
their paperwork this way.
B. Old business.  Secretary will read minutes, recap from the past two
months of meetings.
C. New business.  Raffle Fundraiser.  Starting the project sales.
D. What we want to see at convention.  Input for the student division
seminar.  Note, this is more of a question of potential content.
Emily and I have already discussed some of the organizational matters
including how to best take dues and how to handle our pizza purchase.
We can discuss these as well, but I'm really looking for what we might
want to get out of the seminar after elections.  I can say now, I am
going to try to arrange a visit from Dr. Maurer, but I have to talk to
Eric about it to make sure he won't be tied up speaking in another
seminar.
E. Awards packet review.  Only a handful of members made it to the
makeup meeting for July, and that same handful of people have been the
only ones to respond with comments when it has been revised over the
list.  We truly do need everyone's input to complete the form
accurately.  This is a chance to show the affiliate what each of our
members, including you, bring to the table in our division.  So, why
not call in so you can help the division brag a little?
F.  Convention fundraising efforts.  Spaghetti dinner needed to be
scrapped due to the Beatles Art Schreiber Gala, so although we cannot
hold that fundraiser ourselves this year, we have a duty to help the
affiliate in this endeavor by trying to contribute to the event.
Emily and I were also thinking we could venture away from our usual
raffles and do a Split the Pot this year.  Bring any other ideas you
might have for discussion.
G.  Meeting adjourned.  This might be a longer meeting, but I'll try
to keep it under an hour by making sure we stay focused.
Note, I will also stay later on the call if, for some reason, someone
cannot call in early and still needs to provide roster information.  I
will not wait long though, so if you're going to have me take down
your information you need to be on the call.

Just a reminder, I'll send out the email to those who have not sent in
their membership roster information or given it to me over the phone
at the conclusion of the meeting.  I would rather not have to be the
bad cop and track anyone down, so please make it easier on all of us
and send your emails to me.

Thanks, guys.  See you on the call tomorrow.