[Oabs] Season's Greetings

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 16:12:59 UTC 2014

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it.  If you don't
celebrate Christmas, I hope you're enjoying the end-of-the-year
festivities.

2014 has been an amazing year for OABS.  We've gained a financial
presence; we've conducted a fundraiser; we've had national and state
scholarship winners in the division, and maintained a streak in the
former category; we've had a great showing at convention and gained
new members.  In short, we've accomplished what we wanted to since
November of 2013.  We wanted to become a bigger and better division,
and that is what we've done.  Heck, we even have an award to show for
it!

I'm looking forward to 2015 and all the exciting things we can do, but
just as what we've accomplished this year required work, so will what
we will accomplish next year.  The work of the division runs at its
smoothest when everyone pitches in to help, and we will need
everyone's help if we're going to have things like a membership
retreat and bigger fundraisers.  If you know of ideas we can use for
fundraising, or locations which might work for a retreat (especially
if they might be willing to cut us a deal), talk to Emily and Aleeha
respectively. If you have ideas on how OABS can improve overall,
please share your questions, comments, or concerns with me.  I can
only fix a problem or a potential problem if I'm made aware of it, so
I encourage you to speak up if you see the need.

I'm very proud of thw rok we've done, and even more excited about what
we will do.