[Oabs] Chapter meeting tonight

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 19:24:32 UTC 2014

To amend Abby's update:

When you send her the dues, please remember that they are $5 and should be written in the form of a check.  Checks can be made out to Ohio Association of Blind Students.  Eric has assured me he will get the letter Abby and I will need to set up the bank account as a division of the NFB of Ohio by early next week, and Abby and I are officially going to take care of setting it up next Friday afternoon.  So, I would advise that you hold off on actually putting checks in the mail until March 1st, so that Abby can give the official word that the account is open for business.

For fundraising (ATTN Abby and Emily), I just spoke to Eric yesterday afternoon, and he is going to look into setting up an online payment system through Pay Pal or some other service.  This would put the money straight into our account, and all the ticket buyers would have to do would be to email us to say how many tickets the want, and how much they paid.  Abby would still track the profit, she just won't have to physically run the checks to the bank, and Emily will still maintain the spreadsheet noting who ordered X amount of tickets.  Eric is looking into that as well, and will let me know what he finds.  I will share that with Abby and Emily once I find out about it myself, and they can further disceminate information to the fundraising committee.

Abby, I will ask Emily as Fundraising chair, and the next available board member, to read the report if she is able to do so.  If not, we will make sure it is read.  Thanks for the update, and take care.

Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton---2016
Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet
Ohio Association of Blind Students, President
NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair