[Oabs] Congratulations!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 04:06:06 UTC 2014

Hi again, OABSters,

I know most of us at least attended this year's convention, but I am
unaware of how many of us actually attended the banquet and/or
streamed it via the NFB's web site.  As you all know, Emily was
selected to be a finalist in this year's NFB Scholarship class.
Tonight she was awarded a $5,000 NFB scholarship as a Tenbroke Fellow.

Congrats, Emily!

Applications for the 2015 program will open on Nov 1, and will remain
open through the end of March.  My advice to anyone applying would be
to wait till after fall semester grades are in so you can send the
most up-to-date transcript along with your other materials, but do not
procrastinate.  Patti may joke about how the database is flooded with
applications in March, but I'm sure the committee appreciates those
who get their materials in at least a little while before the
deadline.  Winners are typically notified in the last week of April
through the first week of May depending on how long it takes to
contact all 30 winners.  Aleeha, Emily, and I can all vouch that the
NFB's scholarship program is an amazing experience, and is worth far
more than even the larger scholarships because of the networking and
knowledge (not to mention fun) you gain at the convention.

Again, congrats, Emily!