[Oabs] Musical bonanza rep

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:46:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Emily, I hope you don't mind that I'm starting this thread.  I've been
conditioned to want to plan performances (such is the life of a music
major), so the difficulty we've had in getting a discussion about
repertoire for our musical bonanza started is a little disconcerting
at this point.

I know our biggest obstacle is that we will have a few absences, but
we need to at least throw ideas for ourselves and others out there.
Email might just be the best way to do this, so that we won't have to
wait for a time in which everyone is available via phone.

So, I'll start.

I know solo-wise that Emily, Lillie, and I could pull of My New
Philosophy (my talent night piece).  I would just tastefully write
Schroder out of the song and perform it as if it were a solo, which is
how I first heard it.  Emily, I could probably whip up an
accompaniment to Girl in 14G if you would like, it doesn't sound to
difficult for most of the piece.  I could also provide guitar
accompaniment if anyone would like it alone or in addition to piano.

Bear in mind that we'll be playing for an older crowd, so we might
want to keep our pop culture and more recent musical theatre pieces to
a minimum.  I think they would enjoy the ones I know we have down so
far, but if you have any older songs that you can pull out of your
hat, keep those in mind.  Also, if we're daring enough, we might be
able to pull off Eleanor "Hates Me" Rigby (Joking of course, Emily),
but Beatles would be nice.