[Oabs] Attending Kent state university

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:15:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

Welcome to the list; we're glad you found us.

I don't believe we have anyone who has attended KSU on the list, but there may be someone who just doesn't post a lot so it's a possibility. Even still, we can still help you research some of your questions. To start,, I'd highly recommend setting up a meeting with the DS staff so you can feel out what the office is like.

As for transportation it varies from city to city like everywhere else, but if I'm right about the geography KSU is near Cleveland which has good busing and a para-transit service. Like the DS office, I'd recommend calling the para-transit office to get some information. I would also suggest joining the Ohio-Talk list and using it to connect with some of our members from the Cleveland chapter.

Hopefully this will be a good start. Please feel free to continue to ask for ideas.

Kaiti,
President, Ohio Association of Blind Students.

Sent from my iPhone