[Oabs] Attending Kent state university

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 30 12:05:08 UTC 2015

Hi Ceci,
I am writing to tell you that I received my master's degree at Kent State
many years ago.
Even in 1973, Kent was way ahead of all other universities, in that they
already had an office providing services to students with disabilities
(which I'd never heard of before attending there!)
Since they were so progressive in 1973, when only a handul of schools were
acknowledging the existence of students with disabilities, I am guessing
that they are probably very accommodating today.
My suggestion would be that you contact the Disability Services office
directly and have a conversation.
You are a customer.
Accommodations is an important part of the package or product you are about
to purchase.
In other words, don't be shy.
Find out what they can do.
And talk to your fellow students -- all the people on this list -- to find
out what you can and should do for yourself!

Best,
Deborah