[Oabs] Board meeting tonight

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:59:24 UTC 2015

Hi, Deborah, and all,

Here is a recap.
A.  Meeting was called to order.
B.  Raffle discussion.  Aleeha shared the ticket method that Pat
Maurer presented to her while in Baltimore last month.  She described
the system and why it would probably be more efficient than our old
method using index cards.  After hearing the description a motion was
made to adopt the new method and the motion carried.
C.  Discussion of summer time for meetings.  Popular vote over the
list serve dictates that the meeting date, time, and week will stay
the same through the summer months.  The only change that will be made
is that Aleeha will be standing president for June's meeting while
Kaiti is out of the country.
D.  Scholarships.  Kaiti encouraged those on the call to encourage
others who they personally know that are not members of the NFB to
apply in the last few days.  There is still time!
E.  Convention details.  4/5ths of the board (only excluding Elif
because she'll be in Turkey) will be at convention and able to sell
tickets.  Aleeha also mentioned the importance of helping at the
hospitality suite and suggested working early or later times as we'll
probably be busy durring the bulk of the day.  People from Ohio need
to be in the suite at the start of each shift to make sure workers
from other affiliates are able to run their shifts smoothely.  We also
need workers on Jul 4th from 4:00 PM-6:30 and from 6:30-9:00 PM.
Commitments are not being asked for yet, but please bear that in mind
when you make your plans and organize schedules.  Aleeha is involved
in the organizing efforts for that so if you have any questions she
would be a good first point of contact.
F. Adjourn.

To recap, the next meeting will be Thursday the 21st, same time same
phone number.