[Oabs] Organizing raffle tickets

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun May 10 17:39:55 UTC 2015

Hi, all,

Attached you will find the template used to create the raffle tickets.
You will probably just need it to get started but it provides specific
spacing instructions you should review before brailling.  Please get
in touch with either Aleeha or myself if you have questions about how
the tickets should look.

Also, since we're using the braille paper system instead of the index
card system the tickets will not need to necessarily be tiny.  I was
thinking that the different layers of bags we have been using while
functional could be a bit confusing.  Here is what I propose for the 4
of us who will be at convention and selling tickets:  Sheets of
tickets can be kept in folders like what we all probably used at some
point in school.  This will keep them from getting lost but will also
keep them in order numerically so we're not randomly selling different
numbers.  Then we can have a separate container like a bag or
something for the stubs since I would not run the risk of those tiny
things falling out of a folder pocket.

What do we think?  If you all are fine with this we can move ahead.
If this is our choice and you do not already have a folder in decent
condition (no tears or stretched out pockets from using it to carry a
ton of papers) I would be happy to get one for you.

We'll also need to figure out who will be at convention first sooner
or later so we can make sure they're able to sell.  I know I'm flying
in on the 5th but believe at least 2 of us will be there on the 4th.
It would be best if everyone could arrive at convention with their own
folder or other thing to carry sheets of unsold tickets in, a
container for stubs, and a stack of tickets so we're not dependent on
each other to get these materials.  The Rosen Center is a much bigger
hotel than the Holiday Inn and we'll likely all be in different
directions, so our chances to get together durring the day will
probably be limited.

We also should probably send all ticket stubs home with one person so
that all stubs can be in one place for the drawing.  Electronic
tickets can have their stubs brailled and brought to convention, and
that last person would just have to braille any tickets sold
electronically after the electronic tickets were brailled last.  I'm
thinking we'll probably want  to draw the names at our meeting on the
16th because conveniently it worked out that way in July.

Sorry for throwing all these logistical things at you, but I realized
these things could be potential hang ups this morning and thought it
was good for us to at least start thinking about them.  Thoughts?