[Social-sciences-list] Two Questions

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Mar 13 07:24:11 UTC 2014

Hi All,
  I finally got a Bookshare account to increase the choices for text books I can use when teaching in my field. However, as a newbie I have two questions for those who use this service that I am struggling with:

1)  The website says that you can use it with JAWS, can anyone tell me how to do so (e.g., what form you need to download, what file to open and where...)?

2)  Most of the searches I am doing, even when they seem like they should be more specific and thus yield few results, typically give me hundreds or more often thousands of results, most of which are relatively unrelated to what I requested. How can I best search (either on-line or on a VR-Stream)?

  Any information, advice, or suggestions would be very appreciated!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Chris
Christine M. Szostak, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
Shorter University
Rome, Georgia
szostak.1 at osu.edu

If you are interested in a professional consultation for a vision loss related issue see:
http://findingthevision.wikidot.com

If you are in need of a professional consultation for general research/statistical related issues see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com

If you are looking for professional proof reading or editorial review services see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com