[Social-sciences-list] Two Questions

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:04:40 UTC 2014

Hi Christine,

I'm glad to hear that you decided to sign up for Bookshare - It has
been an extremely valuable tool for me. As you download each title
from the website, you can choose which file format you want - The .brf
files can be read using a braille notetaker or a braille display
connected to the computer, whereas the DAISY and mp3 formats can be
played on a PC or using the VR Stream. There is also a great IOS app
called Read to Go, which will allow you to read Bookshare files on
your IOS devices.

As for searching titles, what sort of key words have been using? I
would think if you input something like "psychometrics" or "cognitive
psychology" you should be able to get some relevant results.
Alternatively, you can also find out the most popular texts in a
particular subject area from your sighted colleagues and then do a
specific search for those titles on Bookshare. You may not be able to
find those specific texts but will hopefully find some related results
that are useful.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Katie