[Aabs-forum] {Spam?} {Disarmed} Blindfold Games: How can a blind person drive with their ears?

Blindfold Games marty at blindfoldgames.org
Tue Jul 26 12:02:04 UTC 2016

How does a blind person drive with their ears?
==========

Almost every game in the App Store is a video game – you watch the screen and press buttons. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Blindfold Racer is an audio game – you play be listening to the road, and hold your iPhone like a steering wheel. And you hear music in your ears. Turn the phone to the right, you go right. Rotate to the left, you go left.

When you get too close to the left side of the road, the music in your left ear gets louder. Likewise for the right side of the road. When the music is in the center of your head, you are in the middle of the road.

Blindfold Racer is a multi-level game: each time you complete a level – a track – you move to the next, slightly harder level.

Blind people complete first 5 levels fairly quickly, and like to play the game for hours. Sighted people have a much harder time – most need to close their eyes while playing.

As one blind teen girl said to me while she was at level 12: “I can’t wait to play against my sighted friends. I will so beat them!”

Blindfold Racer is one of over 40 audio games that we've built, and enjoyed by thousands of visually impaired people across the world.

To download any of the games for free, or to read about how we build these games, visit:

BlindfoldGames.org ( http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=12318.332616.24054.1.fba1747a6a1f50aa3bb1e422865560be )

Web Version
http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=12318.332616.24055-16.1.2f2d95bfe5c1986d7dcdee99baed7ac4&p=eyIlN0IlN0JtaW1pLXNpZ25hdHVyZSU3RCU3RCI6IjEyOTM0NjA2Ny05MTcyOTA4MDExLTgwMDAwNjcwOWM1YjE4ZWY1MWMwMGI2MDhjYjRkNjUxNTM1ZjVhYjkiLCIlN0IlN0JlbWFpbElkJTdEJTdEIjoiMzMyNjE2In0=

Unsubscribe
https://go.madmimi.com/opt_out?fe=1&pact=332616-129346067-9172908011-800006709c5b18ef51c00b608cb4d651535f5ab9&amx=9172908011

Blindfold Games | Miami Beach