[Ag-eq] Tack

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu Mar 18 18:42:16 UTC 2010

Hello Nella,

Thank you for all the info.  I didn't realize a hackamore could be more
severe then a bit.  I guess if you put the nose knots in the wrong place it
would hurt.  Thank you for clearing up the difference between a hackamore
and a headstall.

I agree that riding in a saddle is a good idea.  I was thinking of looking
for a used saddle.  since it would be used on different horses I probably
want a flex tree to adjust to different horses.  I will probably be riding
quarter horses so that narrows it down a bit.  The saddle I was riding in
for the lessons I was taking was a roping saddle with weather beaten leather
and round iron stirrups.  it was horrible.  Then the instructor switched to
stirrups from a small saddle and my feet kept popping out.  Not a very good
place to ride.

I know prices are different in different places but what do lessons run in
all your locations?  The average hour long lesson here is $40-$50.

JODY