[Ag-eq] Tack

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Fri Mar 19 04:58:57 UTC 2010

Jody:

I'm glad I could be of help.  I plan on checking out some different
hackamores, since I've never paid much attention to them.  I'll let you know
if I see some really interesting ones.

I've seen lessons  any where from $35 to $60 depending on who's giving it.
Some of the big name instructors, who only work with show people charge $50
and up.  I currently pay $45 for private lessons and $25 for group lessons.
Myself and 3 friends take lessons as a group to save money.  The instructor
usually works with us for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

A couple of trainers I know use Orthaflex saddles because they say they fit
so many different horses.  I'm not sure I spelled that right.  I know
Orthaflex is an expensive saddle.  Another saddle that is suppose to fit a
lot of different horse is the Circle Y, again they are rather expensive.

I found one of my saddles on craigs list; they usually have several listed.
We have a couple of tack stores here that also carry used things at
reasonable prices.  A lot of people are getting out of horses right now, so
there is a lot of tack for sale.

Good luck