[Ag-eq] anyone out there

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue May 4 02:01:02 UTC 2010

Jody:

When I talk with prospective riding instructors or horse trainers I always
say you know about horses and I know about blindness, if we work together we
can come up with strategies that will work for both of us.  I've actually
had a couple of instructors say they liked the challenge of doing something
a little different.  For the most part most of the people I've talked to
about horses have been very accepting.

Which city and state do you live in, I can't remember.

 Are there a lot of horses and horse facilities in your area?

In Phoenix there is a local horse magazine called Bridle and Bit; I've found
2 different instructors from there.

A lot of your big boarding facilities will have trainers as well.  Also
horse associations, such as the quarter horse or Arabian groups may be able
to recommend instructors.

It's so frustrating when people hold you back and won't give you a chance.