[Ag-eq] german shepherds

Mike Sivill mike.sivill at viewplus.com
Tue Jun 29 18:20:08 UTC 2010

They didn't stop altogether. I have a german shepherd dog guide right now
from the Seeing Eye. She is wonderful and my intention was the same that
people would think she looked scary and not want to pet her. I was wrong.
I Don't think they make a guide dog that's not cute.

I think one of the reasons that Guide Dogs stopped using them was that they
can be very aggressive  as a breed and are prone to hip displasia, which the
Seeing Eye has apparently bred out over many decades. Actually my shepherd
is very vocal and protective and I can see how that could be a problem if it
were  out of control.

Mike and Ruby