[Ag-eq] Quiet list

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Feb 14 06:20:40 UTC 2012

Quoting Aleeha Dudley <blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com>:
Aleeha:

I too am very interested in alternative medicine.  I have had chiropractic work
and massage therapy done on the mules.  One of the massage therapists taught me
some things to do with the mules and they seem to really like it.  I especially
notice a big difference in my molly mule.  She injured a tendon over a year ago
and is still lame on and off.  My other mule is 28 and just enjoys the massage;
he doesn't want me or the therapest to stop!

Transportation is often one of the biggest issues when it comes to horses.  I
used to take long bus rides and then walk a good distance just to get to my
riding lesson!  Now I'm lucky enough to have a small horse property and all I
have to do is walk outside!

I sure hope you can figure out some way to get to the stable.

What kind of riding do you do?

I just trail ride, nothing fancy.  Neither of the mules are capable of long
difficult rides, so I'm reduced to borrowing horses.  My boyfriend has 6
horses, 2 of which I can ride and my neighbor has a wonderful TWH gelding that
I can borrow any time.  I'm also taking lessons again and am using my
instructors horse.  Riding all these different animals has helped me become a
better rider.

Please keep us posted on your vet school adventures and finding a place to ride.

Nella