[Ag-eq] Catching Up

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Oct 9 03:42:44 UTC 2012

Susan:

I'm so sorry to hear that your having helth issues.  I hope you are lots better
real soon.

Do Honey Crisp apples grow in your area?

They are one of my favorite kinds.  I like Pink Ladies too.  I think all the
apples here are shipped in from other states; Arizona isn't very apple
friendly!  We can grow good citris here, which will be ready soon.

Sorry to hear about your garden.  My parents live in Arkansas and they had an
unusually hot summer.  Mom said she got very little from the garden even though
she was watering.  She also said the deer ate lots of stuff.  I think it was so
dry they were just eating what ever they could.

Do you can with a pressure cooker?

I would like to learn to can, but the pressure cooker makes me nervous.  My
Grandmother used to do a lot of canning and my Mom still does some.  I used to
help them, but mostly I filled and washed jars.  I have small hands that can
fit in the jars, so I had to wash lots of them!

If you have any tips for canning when blind I would love to hear them.  I am a
good cook and comfortable handling hot things, just not sure about the pressure
cooker.  Maybe they are different now.

One of the chickens dug out of my run and was killed by a neighbor dog, so
checking the coops is a good idea.  There's always something to do!

I'm looking for a buck to breed one of my dairy goats to.  She's just finishing
her heat cycle, so I need to find one soon.  Maybe next year I will breed one
of this years babies.  One of them has beautiful markings.

Take care of yourself and please stay in touch.

Nella