[Ag-eq] FW: Chickens

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Mar 5 04:37:31 UTC 2013

Hello Nella,

It is soo good to hear from you!  I am glad to hear all is going so well
with your chickens, goats, garden and your riding.

We are going to plant the garden tomorrow with corn, snow peas, beans, wax
beans, eggplant, cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes.  I have some herb seeds
but I think I will start them in trays.

Do you plant tomatoe and pepper seeds or do you get plants?  I just dug out
60 more feet for the garden and I am thinking of even digging out more while
the weather is cool and the grass isn't growing much.

Your chickens are doing really well.  We only have two laying eggs now, the
other two are younger.  I am not sure how old they are but they are all
still growing so they must be not quite mature.  We will probably be adding
two or three more chickens this week.

We had one lone orange on our tree.  It had a lot of dead wood that needed
trimming and it was in bad need for fertilizer.  There is an orange grove at
the end of our street but we can't find a place to buy local oranges yet.
So close but yet so far.  <GRIN>

Your riding sounds fun and I wish I had a horse but that will have to wait.
We still have a lot of brush to clean out and the wire is down on a lot of
the fence.  We have posts to replace too.  We have repaired the round pen
and that is ready.

It is so good to hear from you and I am so glad you are doing so well.

Let's all keep in touch,

JODY